• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u reloads PHP-FPM for every subscription

Visnet

Basic Pleskian
The command /usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u can be used to update PHP Settings for all subscriptions.

However, this command seems to reload PHP-FPM for every subscription, which will cause downtime on servers with a larger number of subscriptions.

Can this command be modified so that PHP-FPM will reload only once at the end of the command?

I have checked this issue on Plesk 17.0 and Plesk 17.5.
Indeed, I have enabled debug mode and I see messages like

27340:58e30cf288d34 [2017-04-04 10:03:27] DEBUG [util_exec] [2e211a44de0635e7652cc90b2d4b6aa7-0] Starting: phpinimng --type fpm --service php-fpm --poold /etc/php-fpm.d --restart

for each subscription on Plesk Onyx 17.0.
But I do not see this behavior on Plesk Onyx 17.5.
So, this behavior was changed on Plesk Onyx 17.5. Please check it there.

Thanks for elaborating, IgorG.

Plesk Onyx 17.5 is very new.
Plesk 12.5 is still supported.

Can this behavior be fixed in Plesk 12.5 for all existing users?

Hello, @Visnet

Usually, we don't backport fixes of such kind into 12.5. Could you please explain why it is so important for you? In your case, how many seconds it takes?
I propose to you to consider upgrading to Plesk Onyx 17.5, are there reasons do not do that?

Hello, @Visnet

Usually, we don't backport fixes of such kind into 12.5. Could you please explain why it is so important for you? In your case, how many seconds it takes?
I propose to you to consider upgrading to Plesk Onyx 17.5, are there reasons do not do that?

We have noticed that /usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u generally takes about 2 seconds per subscription.
With a larger number of subscriptions, for example with 150 subscriptions, executing this command would take about 5 minutes.

During the execution of this Plesk command a PHP-FPM reload is performed for every subscription, which shortly renders PHP-FPM unavailable for new requests with every reload.
This is unnecessarily causing downtime on and off during the full period of executing the Plesk command.

I have the same issue. Running "/usr/local/psa/bin/php_settings -u" on Plesk 12.5 will take several minutes and causes intermittent downtime for PHP websites.

Back