• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file corrupt?

S

soarchrist

I added two email addresses to a specific domain and it looks like plesk created a second entry for one domain in the /var/qmail/control/virtualdomains file. When anyone tried to send an email to one of the addresses for that domain, it was rejected because of the faulty duplicate entry. Once I removed the entry, everything works again. What gives, why would plesk do this?

Now whenever I create a new email address, it breaks for that domain. Do the rcpthosts and virtualhosts files go in order together-- my files have the domains in separate order.

Anyone? Any help appreciated.

Update.... it doesn't have to do with the virtualdomains file alone. I tested adding an email address on another domain and while it didn't create the duplicate entry, the mail doesn't work!

So, in short, whenever I add a new email in Plesk, all emails for that domain stop working for incoming mail. They can send fine, but any email going to it gets rejected with this:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mail.soarchrist.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
This address no longer accepts mail.

Sometimes restarting qmail works... sometimes it doesn't.

Your suggestion was just what I needed. I ran it with the '--without-spam' option and everything is working perfectly.

Thanks wsani, I really appreicate you taking the time!

S.

Back