• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Version 17.8.11 Update #1 Debian9

Ankebut

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

i have installed Version 17.8.11 Update #1 but my debian is only version 8.10‬ how can i update to debian 9?

Officially distupgrade to Debian 9 is not supported Dist-Upgrade Support
You can just install new server with Debian 9 and migrate your current server.

also on my site is it not possible to install Plesk with debian 9 in a new server, maybe you have a server where I can do the migration?

Uhh just get a new server, migrate everyone over, and then cancel the old server.... that's what we all do.

OH do you own the server? Well that's easy too - Get a temporary at Digital Ocean or something, where you can pay hourly. Migrate them off, wipe and reinstall your server, and the migrate them back over....

I mean... anything is going to cost you but having your server compromised for running old software/applications will cost you even more.

also i have installed plesk wit debian 9 on a new server must i migrate first in new server all my subscription from old server and must after start migration from old server?

yes i have new server with debian 9 after i need migrate this to my old server but here is no domains and subscriptions on the new server must i migrate without any subscription?

From the new server, you would need to initiate the migration manager. You'll see an option to migrate the whole server over.

must i start first migration from new server? and after old server?

show image here is all empty when i nee migrate from my old server

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-20 um 03.24.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-20 um 03.24.24.png
    542.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
You need to start it from the new server, and that's it. There's no need to access the old server.

when i start it from new server i do migrate first the new server right? after i must start it from old serve?

Back