• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

virtual mailbox problems

mitchmink

New Pleskian
Hello everybody,

I have a VPS with plesk 11 installed and i have problems with the mail functions in plesk.

First i could not sent any mails from plesk but i CAN recieve mail. I had to do some editing in the postfix main.cf. (see http://www.luketarplin.com/blog/fixing-postfix-plesk-configuration-problem) and that worked for me for sending mails from websites to users.

But since i edited the configuration i get errors when i want to sent mail TO mailboxes in plesk.

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 554 554 5.7.1 :
Relay access denied (state 13).

I edited several option in the mail server settings:

Enable message submission / Relaying (i tested closed, smtp, pop and both).

After spending hours on the internet i found a command for rebuilding the configs again:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

When i used the command i was able to send messages TO plesk but i was unable to send mail from websites within plesk.

Can someone help me with the problems? Thanks

What exactly is your problem here (I know it's problem with virtual email, but explain specific case)?

You're trying to send emails from e.g. "domain1.com" to some gmail account (domain2.com), but "domain2.com" where you're trying to send a email exists on your server? Relay access denied is connected with this problem.

Correct me if I understood you wrong...

Back