• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Virtual servers management

JohnRivera

New Pleskian
Hello.

I am new to plesk but I have tested demo out and I am quite impressed. However there is one thing that I am wondering which is that can individual virtual server instances be somehow made to be managed from plesk web admin gui? My idea with this is that this would provide separate spaces for things like webmail, forums or shop for website that does not have build in those features and don't want to put everything into one webspace.

Interest for this is purely on information security that even if actual website would get hacked data leak would be restricted to one section of website and would slow down data leak.

My idea with this is that I could get my own server somewhere and then provide either traditional webspace solution for just websites or webspace with clustered virtual servers to manage various tasks, which might not be wise to put into one jar.

Your suggestion helped me call to remembrance about product Odin Automation. Scheme of distributed resources (webapps, databases, dns, etc.) between Service Nodes implemented in a similar way there.
Plesk is fairly simple product and realization of these things are extremely complicate it.

Back