• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Virus/Spam disabled in control panel

R

rvdmeer

Hi there,

Since we started using Plesk as CP i'm not happy with the Anti-Virus and Spam function set to OFF by default. We dont have the license for Anti-Virus (Dr. Web) and SpamAssassin but we do have software running which will detect any virus (Clamav) and stop Spam based on Spamassassin.

Now, our customers are thinking we are not running any protection on there mailboxes... but we are...

Is it possible to change this so Spam and Anti Virus is enabled...

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Ronald

I am using ART's qmail-scanner/Spamassassin/ClamAV instead of Plesk's as you are. The way to show your clients is in the full headers of the emails received. It will show something like:

Received: from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx by server1.domain.com (envelope-from <[email protected]>, uid 2020) with qmail-scanner-1.25st
(clamdscan: 0.87/1130. spamassassin: 3.1.0. perlscan: 1.25st.

Outside of that, I don't think you can get those services to show in the control panel.

Thats not what i mean... what i'm trying to manage is that the customer will see the options enabled while not using dr-web or lincensed psa-spam.

Can't do it. You may be better off hiding the grayed out buttons so that your customers don't even see the option. By default all emails are scanned and you can explain it that way.

One note.. i searched but couln't find the option to hide those 2. Im able to hide icons which are not installed on the server.

dump54aa.gif

All are checked except: Hide controls for bounce messages for non-existent mail addresses

Still... nothing.

I don't know what to tell you. I have 3 boxes on RedHat 9 and 2 on CentOS 4.1 and the Dr. Web and Spamassassin buttons are gone.

Did you actually install the packages and just don't use them? If so maybe uninstalling them will help. Other than that, hopefully somebody that knows more than I will come along and help.

it was never installed on the server. thanks for your support. lets see if someone else has some experience with this.

Still not... i did hide all the icons but still the same. (see screenshot noticed above)

I have exactly the same problem. I searched a lot on this forum to find a solution but with no success. It seem this part of the interface is encrypted in the php code and it’s impossible to remove.

Someone can help us?

I just tried the current version of the 4PSA script and told it 'y' to Hide Spamassassin and Hide DrWeb, then I logged into the Plesk control panel (hopefully you were not logged in at the time you ran the script).

In any given user's mail account settings, the Info screen (as you posted above) now does not show either SA or DrWeb at all.

I would suggest try it again, and also make sure your browser's cache is not having an effect.

Note: I then used the --restore option and logged back into the Plesk CP and the mail users again will see both buttons...

I try the 4PSA script too, but it remove only the icons in the user interface.

Now I would like to remove the two columns in the "Mail names for domain" interface.

Look my screenshot...

plesk-icon.jpg

Back