• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Visitors tool

kersian

New Pleskian
Hello I dunno if I can ask this but here we go..
I was an user of cPanel and Iam trying Plesk right now, I miss a tool from them and it is "Visitors" ,
with that I could write a "word" (included in the URL) like products lets say and the tool listed all IPs that enter a URL with "products" in the tag.
I think it searchs in access_log of the webserver
I hovewer search a lot of tools but doesnt have this "feature" , somebody could give me a hand to recover this?

I tryed in SSH grep -r word access_log but it doesnt work.

Thanks for all!

Hi kersian,

you could use for example:

egrep 'GET /(word1|word2)' /var/www/vhosts/*/logs/access_log

...while "*" should contain the depending domain, if you don't want to search all access - logs from all of your domains and subdomains on your server and you could as well use more search words, each one added with "|word".

egrep --help

... will show more possible options for the command "egrep".

Please keep in mind that there are logs for apache and nginx... to cover both, you would use "*access_log". To just cover either apache or nginx - access - logs , you would use "access_log" or "proxy_access_log"

Last edited by a moderator:
Soon we will have Plesk 12.5 available with a new function Log Browser, which allows to search everything in logs w/o SSH
Out of curiosity - what problem you are trying to solve searching all IPs accessing certain URL? What will you do with those IPs?

Thanks both of you, I give users a list in a private url and want to see if for certain url have more Ips than I allow the client (re share) if I see some strange I delete the user and the private url, but with the command that UFHHH01 told me I could see logs again, yes it is a bit annoying but if the Plesk team is going to put this tool in the panel im very happy.

Thanks again!

I cannot do anything to the Ips becouse in here they are dynamic Ips and change every 24hs, but I see if they are simulaneous or not

Back