• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved VPS IP different than Plesk IP: spamhaus

AZIIZ

New Pleskian
Hello,
I took a VPS from ovh with Plesk Obsidian Web Pro Edition,
I had a problem of blacklisting my IP on spamhaus, by contacting them they told me that the plesk server installed on my VPS has a different IP than the server itself, which causes a conflict for the emails sent which do not have the same IP as the server hence the blocking.
By making changes in the plesk I always had the same problem.

Their las message was :
PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
25/tcp open smtp Postfix smtpd
|_banner: 220 flamboyant-bartik.51-68-165-108.plesk.page ESMTP Postfix
Service Info: Host: flamboyant-bartik.51-68-165-108.plesk.page

My plesk host is : flamboyant-bartik.51-68-165-108.plesk.page -> Address : 51.68.165.108
My VPS address : 5.196.28.80

some other informations that can be useful :
Hostname : flamboyant-bartik.51-68-165-108.plesk.page
IP address : 5.196.28.80
Product : Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.39 Update #2, last updated on Nov 19, 2021 03:24 AM

How can I resolve this issue please.

Here is the ticket link if that helps : https://check.spamhaus.org/ticketing/?a=ST1300345&b=f30a96f95e7e68b97527791fdcc81a58

Thanks in advance

I finally solved the problem, I had to change the hostname at the plesk parameters, I put my main domain. Then I went to Tools & Settings> Mail> Mail Server Settings and saved the parameters so that the /etc/postfix/main.cf file takes into account the change of the new hostname.
and finally I sent a message to Spamhaus to confirm the changes and redo a test.
They told me that it works now and they de-ban our server's IP address.

Back