• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved VPS Migration

JohnnyU

Basic Pleskian
I need to migrate 2 domains from one CentOs server to another, both with Plesk 12
After i did the pre-check in Plesk there were some warning messages. For some of them i do not understand what the warning message means and how to fix it. Thanks

What does this mean: 'login of protected directory user 'mydomain.com' does not conform to Plesk validation rules.' I stopped the migration because of this, can it be a problem?
For 'The traffic statistics retention time in configurations' - i checked both servers and they have the same 48 months statistics retention set in 'server settings'. Somewhere else?

Code:
[Pre-migration checks]

Protected directory 'plesk-stat' of domain 'mydomain.com':
login of protected directory user 'mydomain.com' does not conform to Plesk validation rules.
Login was changed to 'mydomain_com'.

The traffic statistics retention time in configurations of the following objects is less than the server-wide value on the destination server.
The following subscriptions are affected by the issue:

mydomain.com

Please change the server-wide value for the statistics retention time on the destination server. Set this time equal to or less than the smallest value in the domains' configurations.

mydomain.com

Please rename the existing system user on the destination server.

The component Domain Keys is turned off on the destination server.
The following subscriptions are affected by the issue:

mydomain.com

Please turn on Domain Keys on the destination server.

Last edited:
I disabled the protection for the stats directory so the 1st message was gone and also disabled statistics
The error message about the retention time is still there: ' The traffic statistics retention time in configurations of the following objects is less than the server-wide value on the destination server. '

EDIT: Stats error fixed by setting the statistics retention time at 3 months

Unfortunately the migration failed!
Migrating on same network, in same location, between 2 CentOS VPS with Plesk 12

Plesk: 'All 2 subscriptions have been migrated'
Bu there are no files moved, i see no databases and lots of errors:

???
Code:
 Failed to copy web files for subscription 'mysite.com'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Rsync failed to copy files from the source (the source server 'source' (192.168.1.1) to the target server (target Plesk server): Command execution failed on the local server with non-zero exit code.
command: /usr/bin/rsync -e 'ssh -i /usr/local/psa/var/modules/panel-migrator/sessions/20170110170310/target-server/ssh-keys/id_rsa.192.168.1.1 -p 22 -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o GSSAPIAuthentication=no' --archive [email protected]:/var/www/vhosts/system/mysite.com/logs/ /var/www/vhosts/system/mysite.com/logs/
exit code: 11
stdout:
stderr: rsync: mkdir "/var/www/vhosts/system/mysite.com/logs" failed: No such file or directory (2)
rsync error: error in file IO (code 11) at main.c(587) [Receiver=3.0.9]

This could happen because of a network connection issue. Run migration for that subscription once more.

Code:
[Migration] Failed to fix vhost structure for subscription 'mysite.com'
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: Can't create links for subscription 'mysite.com' with error '[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/www/vhosts/system/mysite.com/logs''.

Code:
[Migration] Failed to adjust common migrated applications for new environment
Migration tools tried to perform operation in 3 attempts: _log() got an unexpected keyword argument 'file_path'

Last edited:
Hello!
I can confirm that last error (during adjusting of migration application) is already reported in our bug tracking system (PMT-3398) and fix will be published in nearest update of Plesk Migrator.
To investigate first and second errors I need ssh access to source and target server, could you please provide it in personal conversation?

I have the same problem..
stderr: rsync: mkdir "/var/www/vhosts/system/example.com/logs" failed: No such file or directory (2)
...many years later.. still not fixed?

Back