• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

VPS with Multiple Domains - mail loops back on itself (postfix)

Steven_Weir

New Pleskian
Hello,

Firstly, I'd just like to say I'm by no means an expert at this, so please forgive me if I've overlooked anything simple. I'm a web designer that has found himself in-charge of a VPS that I have setup and have so far been successful with almost everything apart from a mail issue I am having.

The VPS has 16 domains running on it, all with different web addresses and their own email accounts etc.

It's a Linux server and is running postfix for the mail. The main website on this domain has the mail service disabled because we have an exchange service on our own server here in the building where we work. Now when anyone on any of our domains on the VPS try to email us at 'maincompany.com' they get the following error message:

---------------------------------------------------------
This is the mail system at host <vps address>.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[email protected]>: mail for maincompany.com loops back to myself
---------------------------------------------------------

I've tried every fix I've found online and nothing has fixed this loopback issue yet. Is anyone able to help with this? I'd appreciate some expert help. Thanks

Hi there,
We're experiencing the exact same problem.
Do you know any solution to this?
Thanks

Please provide log - entries and/or depending configuration - files, if you experience issues. Any guess from people willing to help might not only waste your time, but as well the time from people who are willing to help to solve your issues.

Thanks UFHH01, apparently i assumed wrong to be able to just reply to a same problem we are experiencing, and hopefully find an answer by the OP.
I will create a new thread with the logs/issues to hopefully get replies there.

Back