• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

w2k3 corrupted. Help...

H

henrique.porto

Hi,

My w2k3 server is corrupted and according to technician of datacenter my only option is to place disk as slave, so that I do not lose the files, therefore is not more possible to carry through a backup.

So, I would like to know, if I choose that option, How I will be able to restore an account? Is there some automatized process? Or I will only have access to the files, but I will not get to carry through backup of data base and email accounts for example?

I am thankful for any help that can supply to me.

Thanks

Henrique

Had the same problem two weeks ago. Had to set up everything by hand. The biggest problem was the MySQL databases. It's not possible to get the data out from the files, because Plesk assigned a random password during installation. So all my customer mysql databases were lost.

we have had a similar issue

did you manage to find a solution?

Hi,
Do'nt you guys do daily plesk back up through plesk back up utility?
That is what back up is for.

If you have the backup, it would be easy to restore your sites using plesk restore utility.

Otherwise you have to do it manually and yes you can even restore your databases both mssql and mysql. You can open a paid support ticket with plesk support and they will be able to do it for you.

Good Luck

Restarting mysql

Hi Michael:

Actually, your link on resetting the mysql password is all about resetting it in linux. Do you have a "how to" for windows since this is a windows section of the forum?

Re: Restarting mysql

Originally posted by chartman
Hi Michael:

Actually, your link on resetting the mysql password is all about resetting it in linux. Do you have a "how to" for windows since this is a windows section of the forum?

Well if you have MySQL on a Windows box in the c:\Program Files\MySQL there should be a command line file called mysqld or mysql_nt or something like that that you can run via commandline. I know that mysql does do this. Just not sure where it is located on a windows box in Plesk.

Sorry best I can do,

Michael

Back