• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Warden Anti-Spam replace Plesk Email Security Pro?

FutureX

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.57 Update #4
Clients are asking for more advanced spam control. Keyword filtering, etc. Would Warden replace Plesk Email Security Pro?
Thanks!

@FutureX Yes Warden does have a rules area where admins can add custom rules to match keywords, subject lines, any mail headers. There are pre-built templates for most rules.

Attachments

• 2023-12-15_03h25_16.png
    2023-12-15_03h25_16.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 13
Can individual users/subscriptions set those custom rules? I have resellers with clients, those clients want to be able to set custom rules for their whole domain or individual email accounts.

And does this replace Plesk Email Security Pro?

Thanks!

Can individual users/subscriptions set those custom rules? I have resellers with clients, those clients want to be able to set custom rules for their whole domain or individual email accounts.
Custom rules can only be added by the administrator.
And does this replace Plesk Email Security Pro?
Yes it does. You can't run both at the same time.

I migrated this particular client from cPanel where they had the ability to do keyword filtering per email account. Having to have an administrator set up a new rule every time would be a huge waste of time for both parties.

We also use imunify360 server security so the email malware/virus protection is taken care of there. Would this conflict with that?

We also use imunify360 server security so the email malware/virus protection is taken care of there. Would this conflict with that?
No it shouldn't conflict. Also we have two week free trials so you can test things out before hand and see if it works for you.

Thanks for the help, I'll probably test it out. However not being able to set rules per email account or at least per domain is a huge deal breaker.

Thanks for the help, I'll probably test it out. However not being able to set rules per email account or at least per domain is a huge deal breaker.
Honestly when Warden is properly setup you really shouldn't need to add any custom rules. You already have a tonne of network tests like Razor2, Pyzor, DCC with daily rule updates from the KAM ruleset so spam already scores well above the default spam level.

Attachments

• 2023-12-15_10h15_31.png
    2023-12-15_10h15_31.png
    332.7 KB · Views: 12
Quick question re: RBL zen.spamhaus.org and public DNS resolvers.

We use the DigitalOcean DNS extension on Plesk. So DNS records are managed locally on the server then sync'd with Digital Ocean's DNS servers.

Is DigitalOcean considered a public DNS resolver?

Back