• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Warden Anti-Spam / SpamAssassin / Plesk Premium Mail / Spam folder

Michael_M

New Pleskian
Hello,

I use Warden Anti-Spam. That has worked well so far.

I have now installed Plesk Premium Mail (Kolab). This probably changed the folder structure on the mail server. All folders are no longer in the INBOX, but outside the INBOX. So far so good.

However, all spam now ends up directly in the inbox for all users, because Warden Anti-Spam is looking for the folder INBOX.Spam. It does not exist anymore, it is now just "Spam" or ".Spam". Unfortunately, I find no way to adapt.

Code:
service=lda, [email protected], ip=[]. msgid=: save failed to open mailbox INBOX.Spam: Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX.Spam

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks and best regards

having the same problem at the moment. Since I don't have Warden Anti-Spam installed, the problem is probably caused by Plesk Premium Mail (Kolab). I have already issued 3 tickets in the last days concerning this Premium extension. It's a bummer that it doesn't deliver the service that it should, for that money.

I found the problem. It's indeed Plesk Premium Email (Kolab).

The default namespace configured in Dovecot is:
Code:
namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}
While /etc/dovecot/conf.d/93-kolab.conf overwrites it with:

Code:
namespace inbox {
    inbox = yes
    prefix =
    separator = .
    type = private
[…]
}
Deleting the kolab.conf configuration file, and restarting dovecot results in:

Code:
doveadm mailbox list -u [email protected]
INBOX
INBOX.Trash
INBOX.Sent
INBOX.Drafts
INBOX.Spam

And Spam is moved correctly to INBOX.Spam. This is bad, because it messes up every email account having folders configured.

With the kolab.conf it looks like this and spam email moving doesn’t work:
Code:
doveadm mailbox list -u [email protected]
Trash
Sent
Drafts
Spam
INBOX

Workaround: introduce a compatibility namespace in dovecot.conf:
Code:
#OLD CONFIG
#namespace inbox {
#  separator = .
#  prefix = INBOX.
#  inbox = yes
#}

#NEW CONFIG
namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

namespace compat {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = no
  hidden = yes
  list = no
  alias_for =
}

We weren't aware that Kolab tries to set a custom IMAP namespace. Normally Plesk sets the default namespace to INBOX. to maintain backwards compatibility with users upgrading from courier-imap.

If you want to open a support ticket with us I can likely provide a hotfix which should add support for this. I'll look and see if its possible to add custom namespace support in the next Warden update.

Last edited:
Just a note that custom IMAP prefix support was added to the next release of Warden (it should be published next week) so you won't have to apply any of these workarounds.

The spam folder mapping needs to be fixed in the Kolab configuration quickly! It’s really not good for Mac mail and iOS users!

The spam folder mapping needs to be fixed in the Kolab configuration quickly! It’s really not good for Mac mail and iOS users!

Sorry what are you asking here ? Warden fully supports the Kolab configuration of no IMAP prefix. It was added in Warden 2.01-1.

Hey Danami,

Sorry, probably should of put this in another thread. Wasn't referring to Warden just Kolab Plesk Premium Email and its configuration when installed.

Back