• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Warden Antispam & Virus Protection Extension for Plesk

@danami

Since the latest release we cannot set our own individual "Spam level" and "Spam kill level" anymore. Only the default values from the dropdowns can be chosen.

Please revert this change and make the input fields editable again. Right now we can only make our own settings by editing directly the policy table of the danami database. Thanks in advance!

@Hangover2 What spam level do you need to set that isn't included in the provided select lists? This was removed because there were too many people setting improper values.

@danami Our clients like to set their own spam levels. Here are the values for one of our smaller servers with 150 mailboxes:

Code:
SELECT DISTINCT(`spam_tag2_level`) FROM `policy`;

null

We got already the first support tickets asking why this feature is not available anymore.

@Hangover2 Unfortunately we aren't going to add that back. It's better to guide the inexperienced user. A bunch of those values you provided are basically invalid proving my point.

@danami Then please integrate a setting to make this feature accessible again if the server admin wants so.

We have a lot of users that are using spam levels of 1 or 2 for their mailboxes and they need this values because they are under high loads of incoming spam. Our servers are configured completely as your documentation says. The lowest spam level we can choose right now is 3. That will not work out for some of our clients.

Now we have a lot of extra work to apply lower values by direct database manipulation after support requests. This is a big step backwards for the extension.

We hope you reconsider this new regression by:

a) adding an option to activate manual input for experienced users (our favorit)
b) revert the change
c) give more options in the dropdown (0 / 0.5 / 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / and so on)

The lower values of 0 or -0.1 we enforce on mailboxes with external forwardings to avoid any kind of spam forwardings and the possibility to get blacklisted.

As you can see there are use cases for these values and for sure we are not the only clients that rely on this lost option.

@Hangover2 Why don't you just enable the spam kill level and reject the email before it gets redirected?

This is what we are doing already. But since the latest update, the lowest value in the dropdown we can set is 3 for a mailbox in block mode. That is not enough. So how can I now set a spam level of 0 or 1 or -0.1 for a specific mailbox with spam action = "block"?

I think you have something else going on here. Why are all your spam scores so low (maybe your bayes is poisoned)? Is this spam originating from the server itself? Your spam scores should be much higher. With a spam level of 1 how is any legitimate email supposed to go though?

I recommend that you enable verbose mode in Amavis so that you log what rules are applying negative scoring.

If you open a support ticket I can provide you with a hotfix for you which will add spam level scoring for 1 or 2.

Attachments

• 2024-01-26_00h18_29.png
    2024-01-26_00h18_29.png
    353 KB · Views: 7
Quick thought... I'd love for the Warden ASN plugin to be able to use the Spamhaus ASN-DROP list of "bad" ASNs. Either by copy and pasting the text of the JSON file they provide, or grabbing it from the site directly. Then maybe updating it every several months. Or maybe there is another source of spammy ASNs that could be used.

@Bobbbb sorry that really wouldn't be effective against blocking spam. The bulk of spam isn't sent from the ASNs on this list. We already support the SpamHaus SH plugin which does a much better job than this could.

Back