• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Watchdog does not work anymore after upgrade from 11.0 to 11.5

King555

Regular Pleskian
Since version 8 of Plesk (maybe in the versions before, too) Watchdog does not work anymore after an update (not after microupdates).

At this moment (after upgrading to Plesk 11.5 from 11.0) I get the following error when trying to activate Watchdog:

Code:
Unable to process /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc.tpl configuration file:
/tmp/monitrc.chk:82: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng'
/tmp/monitrc.chk:83: Error: the executable does not exist '/opt/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng'

How can I fix this?

Are you still using preview build? Did you upgrade via VZ templates? Do you need DNS server? Apparently you don't have one installed now. You may install BIND DNS server support to fix this.

Why do you mention 8th version of Plesk?

I'm always updating via /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller from the console and I never set an option that preview versions should be installed. Installed version is now 11.5.29 Update #3. Is that a preview build?

I don't know what "VZ templates" means.

I do not need a DNS server, so I uninstalled it (which is now possible via the autoinstaller, it wasn't in the past). Why does Watchdog need BIND?

I use Plesk since version 8 (but my current installation is a fresh install (11.0, 11.5)) and since then after every major update Watchdog does not work anymore. I mentioned it, because I wanted to say that Parallels seems not to work on this problem. Although the error messages differ from update to update.

I'm always updating via /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller from the console and I never set an option that preview versions should be installed. Installed version is now 11.5.29 Update #3. Is that a preview build?

No.

I don't know what "VZ templates" means.

Never mind then.

I do not need a DNS server, so I uninstalled it (which is now possible via the autoinstaller, it wasn't in the past). Why does Watchdog need BIND?

This is a bug. Expect it to be fixed some time in the future. For now, if you really need WatchDog you can either temporarily install DNS server back or disable monitoring for it in WatchDog (not sure it will do the trick, though).

Thank you. I will give it a try and reinstall BIND. Disabling BIND in Watchdog cannot be done, because you need to enable Watchdog first (which does not work). And before the update BIND was already disabled in Watchdog.

EDIT: Yes, that works! Thanks!

Last edited:
Back