• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Watchdog won't start, problems in spamass-milter

rreimche

New Pleskian
I have just removed and then again installed the Watchdog and now it can not start:

Error: Unable to process /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc_vz.tpl configuration file:
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/spamass-milter:6: Error: the executable does not exist '<spamass-milter_start>'
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/spamass-milter:7: Error: the executable does not exist '<spamass-milter_stop>'
/usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/service.d/spamass-milter:8: Error: syntax error '<spamass-milter_connection_timeout>'

The contents of /usr/local/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc_vz.tpl are:

#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
check process spamass-milter with pidfile "/var/run/spamass-milter/spamass-milter.pid"
start program = "<spamass-milter_start>"
stop program = "<spamass-milter_stop>"
if failed unixsocket /var/run/spamass-milter/postfix/sock with timeout <spamass-milter_connection_timeout> seconds then restart
if <spamass-milter_timeout_restarts> restarts within <spamass-milter_timeout_cycles> cycles then timeout
every <spamass-milter_cycles> cycles
mode <spamass-milter_mode>

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.30

I have tried to remove and install the Spam Assassin -- it didn't help.

How could I solve that?

The incorrect path is used.
Go to Extensions > My extensions > Watchdog > Disks > click on name of required Device

It seems that I could solve the problem by remove the only antivirus extension that I've had, then setting all the services, drives, everything in watchdog to not being watches and the starting the "empty" watchdog. After that I could add the services/devices that I want to watch. Seemingly without any problems.

Back