• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Web Host Edition - VPS vs. Dedicated

Hi, why the dedicated 'Web Host Edition' version costs more then the VPS version?

Because this edition is intended for shared hosting providers. You should not be able to host the same amounts of users on a VPS than on a dedicated server.

Because this edition is intended for shared hosting providers. You should not be able to host the same amounts of users on a VPS than on a dedicated server.

Sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean. If I have a VPS with 2TB HDD, 32BG RAM, 16 vCPUs then I will not be able to create e.g. 100 Plesk accounts/domains/subscriptions, but on a dedicated server e.g. with 500GB HDD, 16GB RAM and 8 vCPUs I would? Really don't understand the point. Could you provide an example? Thanks

Sorry, but I don't understand what do you mean. If I have a VPS with 2TB HDD, 32BG RAM, 16 vCPUs then I will not be able to create e.g. 100 Plesk accounts/domains/subscriptions, but on a dedicated server e.g. with 500GB HDD, 16GB RAM and 8 vCPUs I would? Really don't understand the point. Could you provide an example? Thanks

You can find VPS with more resources than some cheap dedicated server for sure, but if you choose a dedicated server for your own usage, not for reselling hosting, then you will pay the same price with the Web Pro edition. With the Web Host, if you choose a dedicated server, you can easily get up to 256GB RAM, XEON -E5 CPU and RAID 10 storage. And this is not intended for "personal usage" but only for shared hosting. Some of my customers host more than 100 domains on their VPS, but it can work only for websites without high-traffic. And it's not the same budget than a dedicated server .

You can find VPS with more resources than some cheap dedicated server for sure, but if you choose a dedicated server for your own usage, not for reselling hosting, then you will pay the same price with the Web Pro edition. With the Web Host, if you choose a dedicated server, you can easily get up to 256GB RAM, XEON -E5 CPU and RAID 10 storage. And this is not intended for "personal usage" but only for shared hosting. Some of my customers host more than 100 domains on their VPS, but it can work only for websites without high-traffic. And it's not the same budget than a dedicated server .
besides the specifications what will happen if I bought the VPS edition to use for shared web hosting?

Back