1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

web mail error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by y2krex, Nov 7, 2005.

1. y2krex

y2krex Guest

Hi Guys,

I am getting erros when trying to connect to webmail. Its a fresh install and when I first click webmail an error came up about not being able to get the webmail password. A post on this forum then said to create a file called .webmail.shadow under /etc/psa. Once I did this a new error appeard which is :

A fatal error has occurred
    DB Error: connect failed
    Details have been logged for the administrator.

any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jay

2. Stucco

Stucco Guest

3. Stucco

Stucco Guest

Check your log file for the context of your error!

The error I was getting in my log file was

Nov 03 11:13:25 HORDE [emergency] [horde] DB Error: connect failed: [nativecode=Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client] Array [on line 1329 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/DataTree/sql.php"]

For some reason I had 2 horde users in my database, one for localhost, and one for any host (%). I deleted the one for any host, and ran

set password for 'horde'@'localhost' = OLD_PASSWORD('MYPASSWORDFROMWEBMAILSHADOW');

and that fixed the problem.