• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Web_user Security Problem

would creating a vhost/vhost_ssl conf file possibly solve the issue?

that is the change I made. I rebooted the server and then I passed the test. I have not retested again because it puts a major load on the server.

I'm not sure about the vhost_ssl. sorry.

Is there some way for me to test if UserDir is disabled (without running a full pCI scan)?

im not sure if this is a real test... and Im really tired right now but if you go to somedomain.com/~someuser

if webusers are disabled it gives a 404 not found error instead of a 403 forbidden. (this assumes that directory listing is disabled and there is no index.htm in the webusers root) I guess you could just setup a webuser in plesk under a domain and then put an index page in the root and then see if it displays.

Sorry not much help. im a windows guy lost in a sea of plesk/linux

Originally posted by JointTech
Sorry not much help. im a windows guy lost in a sea of plesk/linux [/B]

Thanks for the tip -- I didn't think of checking that way -- like you I'm a long-time windows guy...

Back