1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Webalizer = dead

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by ZaNaToS, Oct 5, 2005.

  1. ZaNaToS

    ZaNaToS Guest

    0
     
    I have a f resh install of plesk 7.5.4 on CentOS box.


    I have 19 domains on that server till now...

    and webalizer works onluy for 1 domain :-(

    When I run the utility /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics get the output

    Hostname for reports is 'ninaki.info'
    History file not found...
    Previous run data not found..

    Using DNS cache file /usr/local/psa/var/webalizer.cache
    Creating output in /var/www/vhosts/opel-club.gr/statistics/anon_ftpstat
    Hostname for reports is 'opel-club.gr'
    History file not found...
    Previous run data not found...
    No valid records found!

    Creating output in /var/www/vhosts/sirene.gr/statistics/ftpstat
    Hostname for reports is 'sirene.gr'
    Reading history file... webalizer.hist
    Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
    No valid records found!


    etc... :(

    and in ALL the domains (except one) when I press fro mthe panel on the Webstats button I get that the browser couldnt connect ( on the links http://domail.tld/plesk-stat/webstat/)
    and If I put the url manualy in the browser i get the same error .. . :-(
     
  2. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    When you created the domains, and setup physical hosting, did you remember to put 2 checkmarks on the line "Web Statistics"?

    The first checkmark turns on stats for the domain, the second checkmark at the end of the line turns on the /plesk-stat/ protected dir and aliases.

    If you do have those checkmarked, try unchecking them, save the changes, then go back in and re-checkmark them. This may force Plesk to rewrite the database table "log_components" for each domain.

    Since the statistics tool only runs for the single domain, I would bet the database table does not have the other domains listed and set as 'true' for statistics.

    Just re-read your post, seems I may have misunderstood. If you are concerned about the errors:

    History file not found...
    Previous run data not found...
    No valid records found!

    These are normal if there has been no activity (such as for anon-ftp), so do not worry about these. Also normal if there has been no log activity since the last time statistics has been run.
     
  3. ZaNaToS

    ZaNaToS Guest

    0
     
    everything was checked (stats and plesk-stat) from the begging.

    1st strange thing is that most of the access.logs were empty..and only the proccessed ones had text inside.

    And I have to confess something.
    In all of these domains i have installed by hand AWSTATS.... the only domain that didnt had awstats conr job is the domain that webalizer works fine.

    I have reamoved ofcourse all the conjobs to see what will be the result.

    I will try to chen and uncheck them as u said.
     
  4. jamesyeeoc

    jamesyeeoc Guest

    0
     
    Did you research to find out if AWSTATS and Webalizer will co-exist properly?

    I don't run awstats, so I will bow-out of this thread at this point. There are many others who do use it, hopefully one of them will come by and assist further on this.

    You may want to re-edit your original post to make it clear that you have manually installed awstats and that the only domain which is working with Webalizer is the one which is not covered by awstats.
     
  5. ZaNaToS

    ZaNaToS Guest

    0
     
    Awstats and Webalizer coexist normaly in another plesk server with 7.5.3

    The problem is that It opens no page at all and some times I wonder if its something with vhosts and apache .. :(

    What I have noticed is that most of the access.log are empty..
    and when I run the command to do update to one domain I get something like this :

    [root@web /]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-one --domain-name=domain.tld
    Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL) English
    Using logfile STDIN (clf)
    DNS Lookup (15): None to process
    Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL) English
    Using logfile STDIN (clf)
    DNS Lookup (15): None to process
    Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL) English
    Using logfile STDIN (ftp)
    DNS Lookup (15): None to process
    Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL) English
    Using logfile STDIN (ftp)
    DNS Lookup (15): None to process
    Webalizer V2.01-10 (Linux 2.4.21-32.0.1.EL) English
    Using logfile STDIN (clf)
    Using DNS cache file /usr/local/psa/var/webalizer.cache
    Creating output in /var/www/vhosts/domain.tld/statistics/webstat
    Hostname for reports is 'domain.tld'
    Reading history file... webalizer.hist
    Reading previous run data.. webalizer.current
    No valid records found!
     
Loading...