• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webalizer stopped

T

tolis

Hi i have a new problem with webalizer
One of my customers called to ask for the location of his stats! for the 1st time since we launched his website(2002) and isaw that since Sept 2002 webalizer has stopped.His logs where around 500KB and none above that.However his hdd quota is at 76MB with alimit at 80.I cleared all logs *.gz and i want to kick off webalizer manually now to see what happens.
1st how do i run webalizer for his domain or for all omains manually now
2nd does anyone have a clue on the cause of error(logs not even close to 1gb).Here is the situation now
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 13154 Nov 24 10:21 access_log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 511690 Nov 24 04:23 access_log.processed
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 24 04:23 access_ssl_log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 0 Nov 21 04:22 access_ssl_log.processed
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 15757 Nov 24 09:53 error_log
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 238 Nov 22 11:11 error_ssl_log
Thanks

To manually run the stats update, I believe you have to run the Plesk script:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics

(normally it is a cronjob run once per day at around 4am)

Also go into the Plesk control panel and verify that his domain setup shows the stats option is selected.

Thanks very much i now run webalizer succesfully
Do you have any ideas on the cause of the error? As i said no logfile was even 1 MB long

I do not believe the problem was due to logfile size, but more likely that during the early morning hours, the client's email maildirs may have exceeded their space limit, thereby causing a temporary quota issue (purely speculation at this point). It's 3am here and my brain is not functioning at full capacity, so I may be totally off-base.

You said you cleared all the archival logs (*.gz), but did not say how much space those were taking up. Have you also checked how much space is being used for:

backups
httpsdocs (ssl)
ftp

If you have SSH access, login and do a 'du' command on the domain's directory
Example: du -s /home/httpd/vhosts/example.com

and see how much space is being used by the domain according to linux. Try to do this early in the morning before the client grabs his email. You said they're using 76MB now of an 80MB limit. That 4MB could easily be used up with a couple of emails containing photos or other attachments...

Back