• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Webhost image on Azure not recognizing License

BBJohn

New Pleskian
I've just recently set up a new VM in Azure using the Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 (WebHost) image, which is supposed to have a bundled license, but when I log into the plesk install, it says it is on a trial.

Any ideas?

I've just recently set up a new VM in Azure using the Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 (WebHost) image, which is supposed to have a bundled license, but when I log into the plesk install, it says it is on a trial.

Any ideas?

@BBJohn

There are two "images" in Azure, one of them being a BYOL and the other being a "License included" Plesk.

Are you sure that you selected the Azure VM image that includes the Plesk license?

In addition, I would personally recommend that you create a custom VM and run the Plesk installer afterwards: this is a more flexible approach to installing Plesk in Azure.

The latter approach is almost identical to using an image, with the difference that you

- have the latest Azure VM images (read: they change more often than the Plesk images for Azure)
- have more flexibility in choosing the right license for your Plesk instance
- have more flexibility in choosing the right components for your Plesk instance (read: a custom Plesk installation often results in a more fast and/or light-weight installation)
- can secure the Azure VM before Plesk is being installed (read: this additional security measure is not undesirable)

and it will not really make a difference in the ease of setup (read: Plesk installer is easy and fast to work with) or the time spend on installing Plesk.

Hope the above helps a bit!

Regards........

Back