• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Webhost image on Azure not recognizing License

BBJohn

New Pleskian
I've just recently set up a new VM in Azure using the Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 (WebHost) image, which is supposed to have a bundled license, but when I log into the plesk install, it says it is on a trial.

Any ideas?

I've just recently set up a new VM in Azure using the Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 16.04 (WebHost) image, which is supposed to have a bundled license, but when I log into the plesk install, it says it is on a trial.

Any ideas?

@BBJohn

There are two "images" in Azure, one of them being a BYOL and the other being a "License included" Plesk.

Are you sure that you selected the Azure VM image that includes the Plesk license?

In addition, I would personally recommend that you create a custom VM and run the Plesk installer afterwards: this is a more flexible approach to installing Plesk in Azure.

The latter approach is almost identical to using an image, with the difference that you

- have the latest Azure VM images (read: they change more often than the Plesk images for Azure)
- have more flexibility in choosing the right license for your Plesk instance
- have more flexibility in choosing the right components for your Plesk instance (read: a custom Plesk installation often results in a more fast and/or light-weight installation)
- can secure the Azure VM before Plesk is being installed (read: this additional security measure is not undesirable)

and it will not really make a difference in the ease of setup (read: Plesk installer is easy and fast to work with) or the time spend on installing Plesk.

Hope the above helps a bit!

Regards........

Back