• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail Blank Pages

L

ldejager

Hi,

I have been having problems with blank pages showing up on the webmail (Horde). I have searched the forums, horde mailling lists etc with no clear fix for this.

I have turned error reporting on via php.ini and the only error ever being reported is the
PHP Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user error.

I have since encountering these blank pages recompiled PHP from source and reinstalled it.

When I restart httpd - the problem seems to go away for approximately 10 minutes or so then it reappears.

In general when clients and myself get the blank pages error_log and psa-horde.log shows no errors.

When I refresh (CTRL F5) approximately 5 times I get the horde login screen up - and a error is logged in error_log;

PHP Warning: Unknown(): A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

PHP Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in /usr/share/psa-horde/test.php on line 14

Anyone else experiecing these errors? This is only happening on one 7.5.4 server.

php.ini

session.save_handler = files
session.save_path = /var/lib/php/session

Am I missing something obvious? Any pointers/comments appreciated.

Same problem here. On Plesk 7.5.4 with Horde and recently whith other PHP application... always the same message:

[client 83.76.58.207] PHP Fatal error: Unknown(): Failed to initialize storage module: user (path: /var/lib/php/session) in Unknown on line 0

And then a blank page.

We're running PHP 4.3.9

The problem is still there. As soon as session.auto_start is on we get blank pages.

Back