• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Webmail Broken After Upgrade

S

_spawn

After the upgrade, I cannot access the webmail; i get a dns error when it refreshes to the /horde directory; i get a dns error.??

Any suggestions??

That happened to me at first, so I stopped and restarted plesk, and httpd, and it seemed to work fine after that.

Try fingering your DNS server...is the response correct for the webmail subdirectory?

Originally posted by _spawn
no dice...did that; rebooted the box even

well am getting to the index file in the webmail directory; it is when it metarefreshes to the /horde directory is when it gives the dns error.

Well, a DNS error is typically local, please try fingering your DNS server...or if you give me your domain, I can finger it over here and make sure you have a CNAME or A record set correctly.

Originally posted by _spawn
well am getting to the index file in the webmail directory; it is when it metarefreshes to the /horde directory is when it gives the dns error.

OK, the dns servers are responding fine, and when I go there, it doesn't seem to be a DNS error...just a server not responding issue...

do a search around the forums for webmail breaking after an upgrade, if I remember correctly this is not an unusual issue.

I had the exact same problem. I tried stopping and starting the related services, but ended up having to reboot the box. Everything worked after that. Very strange....

Back