• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail.domain 500 server error

Y

YesM

Hi,

I set up a new domain name with DNS settings inc webmail.domain and mail.domain.

email will send/receive through POP and the mail.domain setting. However, opening webmail window from within the control panel does not work. The popup opens, but with :

500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This is the same on all domains set up on my server.

ftp.domain CNAME will resolve to default PPP page
webmail A - 500 internal server error
domain MX 10 resolves to mail.domain and default PPP page
mssql A will resolve to 401 - unauthorised
sitebuilder A - 401 unauthorised

Any ideas what settings I need to look at?
Thanks.
Andy

Hi,

Here is the detailed error report. I do not have file web.config file under horde directory, only a config folder. So how do I setup the login method for horde if it isn't automatic? I have already set up email accounts on the domain.

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error InformationModule IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070005
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\C:\Inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde\web.config
Requested URL http://webmail.domain.com:80/
Physical Path
Logon Method Not yet determined
Logon User Not yet determined

It looks like that problem in permissions for psacln group for C:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\horde, access is denied.
Try to correct it and reconfigure Horde with

defpackagemng.exe --fix --type=webmail.horde
websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-webmail

thanks. your reply was complicated for me but my server host support fixed the error.

Back