• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail login broken

M

Mick Fish

Using horde mail since an update a couple weeks back it will not allow login.. Keeps saying Login failed because your username or password was entered incorrectly.

I tried making a new account but still no luck..

I am now running 10.4.4 Update #24, last updated at Mar 30, 2012 04:00 PM

I know there were others with the same problem has there been a fix or can someone please point me in the right direction

Mar 30 17:05:30 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN for [email protected] [192.148.117.105] to {127.0.0.1:143 [imap/notls]}[pid 27893 on line 139 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Thats the error

What sort of output of following command:

# telnet localhost 143

-bash-3.2$ telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
^]

Try to re-install horde webmail with help of following commands:

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --remove --name=horde
# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/webmailmng --install --name=horde

Still nothing.. When I ran those commands it showed nothing was done should it have ?

Igor thank you for your reply's so far but any more idea's I can try as this really needs to be fixed ..

Michael

looking in the apache logs and found this >> File does not exist: /usr/share/psa-hordeimp

how do i re-install horde when it would not work with the lines above ?

Hmm... There is should be /usr/share/psa-horde/imp/ directory but not /usr/share/psa-hordeimp. It is part of psa-imp package. Looks like you have some misconfiguration. Try to re-install this package.

Has a resolution for this issue been written up in a kb article? I'm not able to login as I continue to be denied entry:

-bash-3.2# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 UIDPLUS CHILDREN NAMESPACE THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=REFERENCES SORT QUOTA IDLE ACL ACL2=UNION STARTTLS] Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2004 Double Precision, Inc. See COPYING for distribution information.
1 login [email protected] mypassword
1 NO Login failed.

From horde webmail.mydomain.com
error.png

I know I'm using the correct password for the account as I have used mail_auth_view to verify the credentials. I've even changed the password, and once that failed, I even attempted to reinstall all of the horde packages:

-bash-3.2# rpm -Uhv *.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1 psa-horde ########################################### [ 13%]
2 psa-imp ########################################### [ 25%]
3 psa-ingo ########################################### [ 38%]
4 psa-kronolith ########################################### [ 50%]
5 psa-mimp ########################################### [ 63%]
6 psa-mnemo ########################################### [ 75%]
7 psa-passwd ########################################### [ 88%]
8 psa-turba ########################################### [100%]

yet I still get the error.

-bash-3.2# cat /usr/local/psa/version