• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail not in actoin

Just to be sure I would check to see that Ioncube is still disabled. When I did my upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 the upgrade process re-enabled Ioncube. It seems a lot of files get written over with default settings. I have had to document all the modifications I have made to my servers because the upgrade process does not preserve most of them. After each upgrade I usually end up having to revisit my mods.

My /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini file is empty.

Maybe there is a way for me to view the error that is not being passed into the browser? Any logs I should be looking at?

Thanks,

Limedrink.

Furthermore:

-> Installed Zend Optimizer, no luck

-> Webmail will login with new mail accounts, but not with some old ones.

-> I recently upgraded MySQL, do I need to flush the priveledges? Why would some old ones work and some old ones not?

Hopefully that care narrow things down.

May 14 15:29:51 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 69.**.**.*** to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 247 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Note: IP and email address changed from actual error.

Anyone have any ideas?

A fatal error has occurred.

I also get this error (after upgrading from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3):

A fatal error has occurred

Required 'Array' not specified in DataTree SQL configuration. The file /config/conf.php should contain a $conf['storage']['params']['Array'] setting.

What to do?

The config/conf.php does include the lines:

$conf['sql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
$conf['sql']['persistent'] = false;
$conf['sql']['socket'] = '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock';
$conf['sql']['protocol'] = 'unix';
$conf['sql']['hostspec'] = 'localhost';
$conf['sql']['username'] = 'horde';
$conf['sql']['database'] = 'horde';

// get password from /etc/psa/.webmail.shadow
if (!($fd = fopen("/etc/psa/.webmail.shadow", "r"))) {
echo "<script>alert('Unable to get webmail password!')</script>";
exit();
}
fscanf($fd, "%s", $buff);
fclose($fd);

$conf['sql']['password'] = preg_replace("/\n/", "", $buff);
$conf['sql']['charset'] = 'utf8';

[root@www root]# rpm -Uvh /root/psa/PSA_7.5.3/rpm_RedHat_el3/base/psa-horde-3.0.4-rhel3.build75050506.13.noarch.rpm

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

1:psa-horde ########################################### [100%]

[root@www root]# rpm -Uvh /root/psa/PSA_7.5.3/rpm_RedHat_el3/base/psa-imp-4.0.3-rhel3.build75050506.13.noarch.rpm

Preparing... ########################################### [100%]

1:psa-imp ########################################### [100%]

And now:

[root@www root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/packagemng

[root@www root]# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e "select * from Components where name like '%horde%'"

+-----------+------------------------------+

| name | version |

| psa-horde | 3.0.4-rhel3.build75050506.13 |

[root@www root]# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/websrvmng -a -v

[root@www root]# grep webmail /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.include

ServerName webmail

ServerAlias webmail.*

ServerName webmail

ServerAlias webmail.*

[root@www root]#

Hi all,

I have also just upgraded to 7.5.3 and we are also not able to get into webmail (horde).

We tried everything posted here but nothing so far. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thank you
Bweeb

NOTE: if you are on a 1&1 server you need not do this yourself, but contact 1&1 (the solution is probably: mv /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini /etc/php.d/ioncube.ini.bad /etc/init.d/httpd stop /etc/init.d/httpd start).

The link: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31108
was found on: http://www.zend.com/store/products/zend-optimizer.php
and tells me to upgrade my Zend.

I have downloaded "ZendOptimizer-2.5.7-linux-glibc21-i386.tar.gz" onto my server, unpacked the file, ran ./install.sh and that part of the problem was gone.

The installer reported some changes (do write these down somewhere).

The problem I'm having with horde, is when I go to /horde/imp/login.php in a browser, it doesn't authenticate, it just looks back to the login page, over and over...If you open the page in IE, you get 'page not found' for redirect.php when you attempt to login.

Again, this only happened when we upgraded, so any ideas?

Hi,

If you have trouble with blank pages, increase the KeepAliveTimeout value in your httpd.conf or turn KeepAlive Off.
This solved the problem (for me) with the blank IE pages that sometimes appear. (webmail works also slower if you turn off the KeepAlive) :(

The error with the blank pages after login with a wrong loginname or password is related to the KeepAliveTimeout.

Regards,

Bart

wow. you guys really have me scared to upgrade. We use webmail almost exclusively. I think i'll put off the upgrade till sunday night.

No, the upgrade to 7.5.3 5 (FC2, autoupdater) went well, but I noticed that some users on my server have the wellknown "blank page syndrom" (sometimes and irregulary) also with 7.5.2. The Horde mailing list is full of blank-page reports, but the only working solution was to turn out KeepAlive

Regrads,
Bart

Originally posted by bartje3
No, the upgrade to 7.5.3 5 (FC2, autoupdater) went well,...

you see by yourself that this cannot work and whatta bug this is.

Plesk 7.5.2
/home/httpd/vhosts/webmail/horde/

Plesk 7.5.3
/usr/share/psa-horde/

Does it anyone wonder why webmail cannot work anymore?
Making an update with the auto-installer of Plesk/SW-Soft is
the same like to hack your running webmail. The older datas
from 7.5.2-webmail are not forwarded or copied to 7.5.3-webmail.

And the most awfulest thing is: SW-Soft does not reply and
there is no reaction to fix their bug. This is why I will first wait
for the upgrade from 7.5.2 to 7.5.4. Ya remember: Never change
a running system.

Originally posted by Limedrink
May 14 15:29:51 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 69.**.**.*** to localhost:143[imap/notls] as [email protected] [on line 247 of "/usr/share/psa-horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]

Note: IP and email address changed from actual error.

Anyone have any ideas?

I hate to jump into this discussion with another "me too" but I haven't seen a real solution posted yet and so far Plesk support hasn't replied with anything except their generic request to gain access to my server.

The error message above doesn't give any real information to determine *why* the login failed. This is very frustrating.

I have found that I can get temporary access to the mail if I create a new maildir as a subfolder for the user and move their inbox to it. However, at some point this folder also becomes unaccessible and puts the user back to the login prompt. I don't want to move their mail around constantly, so I need a real solution.

I would be happy to communicate with any via email who seriously want to look into this problem and then post our solution when we have it.

Maybe you could post your horde config in here, that is a beginning... Do you have IMAP enabled or not ?
but I still think that we are beta-testers, SWSoft (which are paid for) should normaly debug things like this, but they let us find out ourselves...or you have to pay a support package.

I use Plesk since more than a year, and for most bugs and problems I've found solutions from other users here in this forum.
But: Before each update I first try it on my local testsystem, which is really recommended.

I have already found a bug in this horde version, when you try to enable online preview with wvHtml for msword files inline. I've figured it out myself (workaround) to make things work. In the Horde ML there are plenty users with the same problems, so NOT every bug is related to Plesk.

Bart

Same problem for me after 7.5.2 -> 7.5.3 RPM-based upgrade -- Horde kept kicking me back to login page while trying to log in. Adding these two lines to the Horde VirtualHost directives in httpd.include fixed it for me:

php_admin_flag session.use_trans_sid false
php_admin_flag session.auto_start true

Someone previously mentioned adding the session.use_trans_sid line but that didn't get mine running. Only after adding the additional session.auto_start line did it work. I discovered this by manually running /usr/share/psa-horde/test.php and reviewing its output.

Everyone here has saved my butt many times, so I hope this helps others.

Originally posted by krunchy
Same problem for me after 7.5.2 -> 7.5.3 RPM-based upgrade -- Horde kept kicking me back to login page while trying to log in. Adding these two lines to the Horde VirtualHost directives in httpd.include fixed it for me:

php_admin_flag session.use_trans_sid false
php_admin_flag session.auto_start true

Someone previously mentioned adding the session.use_trans_sid line but that didn't get mine running. Only after adding the additional session.auto_start line did it work. I discovered this by manually running /usr/share/psa-horde/test.php and reviewing its output.

I wish this would have worked for me. So far I have upgraded PHP to 4.3.11 because Plesk said that Horde 3 was not compatible with PHP 4.3.2, but it still fails.

It appears that zero byte files are created in /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/Maildir/courierimapkeywords/ which cause problems as well. If you remove these files, webmail works for a short time until the files get created again. Not sure what is creating the files, or why.

Originally posted by BearOakDruid
I wish this would have worked for me. So far I have upgraded PHP to 4.3.11 because Plesk said that Horde 3 was not compatible with PHP 4.3.2, but it still fails.

It appears that zero byte files are created in /var/qmail/mailnames/*/*/Maildir/courierimapkeywords/ which cause problems as well. If you remove these files, webmail works for a short time until the files get created again. Not sure what is creating the files, or why.

ART RPMs doesn't solve this problem. Use PHP RPMs from ftp://fr2.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/updates/3

Back