• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail produces 500 internal server error

dieselpower44

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

After updating to Plesk 11.5.30 it seems that webmail is completely broken. Going to webmail.domain.tld immediately produces this 500 configuration error.

Is this a known issue and is there a temporary solution?

Email seems to work fine, just not webmail.

Thanks,

Scott

Any related error messages in /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log or /var/log/plesk-roundcube/* ?

In the horder log, just a bunch of failed SQL dropped tables. For example,
2013-08-05T15:35:18+00:00 ERR: HORDE [horde] SQL QUERY FAILED: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1051 Unknown table 'horde_muvfs_seq'
DROP TABLE `horde_muvfs_seq` [pid 17202 on line 815 of "/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Base.php"]

And nothing in round cube logs directory (I don't think we've ever used round cube). I think we used ATmail previously. Do you know where the logs are for that?

Also, it seems to me that the 500 error is happening before any webmail is loaded, since when I switch the default webmail software in Panel from Horde to ATmail etc. the error persists. Is this possible?

Hmm strange.

The error message say there is an SQL error, which causes Horde not to load. If you switch your primary webmail interface to atmail or roundcube, horde is no longer used. So you sholdn't get any message inside the horde logs, because they are application specific.
You could try to uninstall horde via your packagemanager on your system and reinstall it using auto-installer or the plesk installer webfrontend. You could set horde as webmail for testing only at one domain, so you don't have an impact to your other domains.

I hope this will help

regards

I've just managed to get round it by switching all customer webmail interfaces to roundcube and it seems to work fine. I wasn't a fan of horde anyway!

I may try uninstalling horde through yum but if roundcube is working, it may not matter much. Thanks for your advice!

Back