• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail troubles with pear

juandelmoralito

New Pleskian
Since I update to plesk 9.0 I can't login to the webmail (atmail or horde)
Part of the Error is:

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/base.php on line 54

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/PEAR.php on line 563

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/PEAR.php on line 566

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-pear/Log.php on line 147

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Notification.php on line 103

Strict Standards: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /usr/share/psa-horde/lib/Horde/Notification.php on line 152

Plus more things about the same thing on the pear's stuff

With the atmail I get more or less the same:

Con el Atmail me sale este error:
>
> /var/www/atmail/libs/PEAR/DB.php on line 559
>
> Strict Standards: is_a(): Deprecated. Please use the instanceof
> operator in /var/www/atmail/libs/PEAR/DB.php on line 596
>
> Strict Standards: Non-static method DB::isError() should not be called
> statically, assuming $this from incompatible context in
> /var/www/atmail/libs/Atmail/SQL.php on line 42
>
> Strict Standards: is_a(): Deprecated. Please use the instanceof
> operator in /var/www/atmail/libs/PEAR/DB.php on line 596 Webmail
> Access

I have the version 5.2.8 of php

Thanks for helping

fixed this error...

For those that are still interested...

I was getting this error when updating plesk and PHP. I figured out it was simply a notice about improper coding (google it for more info), but it does not prevent anything from running. To turn the error off edit your php.ini file under the error logging and reporting section. The variable is 'error_reporting'.

Mine was set to E_STRICT | E_ALL

I changed it to E_COMPILE_ERROR|E_ERROR|E_CORE_ERROR to only get coding errors. This fixed my problem.

I can now open the webmail feature of horde. Yay!

Hope this helps.

one more thing...

Disabling the error notifications is one way around the problem; however a likely better solution (i have found out) would be to change your code to use non-deprecated globals ... this is discussed further at the link below.

http://www.trap17.com/index.php/Problem-036http_post_vars_t33824.html

I wouldn't suggest changing the plesk panel or horde code, so in order to address that specific issue it is likely best to enable register_long_arrays in your php.ini file with the cost of a performance hit.

Hope this clarifies my last post.

Back