1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail unavailable since 7.1.4 to 7.5.1 upgrade

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Dr Zoidberg, Dec 24, 2004.

1. Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg New Pleskian

73%
    Greetings,

I hope someone can advise me here. I've seen a few threads on this general subject, but none that seem to apply to these circumstances.

Since upgrading Plesk, webmail has not worked. Domains forward from webmail.domain.com to webmail.domain.com/horde but then I get a "The Page Cannot be Displayed" error.

Webmail is enabled in Plesk and worked perfectly before the upgrade.

Can anyone advise?

Has webmail been changed in some way which requires other updates to be made to the server, before it will work - compared with 7.1.x?

Thanks.

2. Master Ruthless

Master Ruthless Guest

3. Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg New Pleskian

73%
    Cool thanks - that fixed it.

Can I ask a couple of, probably naive, questions?

Why was this not fixed when I upgraded Plesk?

httpd is still calling on the old version (4.2) of ioncube when it's restarted. Is that right?

4. Master Ruthless

Master Ruthless Guest

well the zend upgrade really wasnt a swsoft issue it was due to changes made to php in order to fix security issues the zend optimizer had to be changed in order for it to work properly with the changes made in the newest php release.

5. Dr Zoidberg

Dr Zoidberg New Pleskian

73%
    Understood.

Just to clarify, in case anyone else reading this has the same problem, we found that upgrading Ioncube specifically (we don't run Zend) resolved the issue.

I mixed the php & Plesk upgrades together in my mind, because they were done at the same time.

Thanks Master Ruthless!