• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Roundcube "Connection to storage server failed"

and with:

142c142
< $config['default_host'] = 'ssl://localhost';
---
> $config['default_host'] = 'ssl://ams301.smz.it';
165a166
> 'peer_name' => 'ams301.smz.it',

I get the same:

Feb 27 03:34:56 ams301 dovecot: imap-login: Disconnected (disconnected before auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=::1, lip=::1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:tlsv1 alert unknown ca: SSL alert number 48, session=<Wdl4TylmdNkAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB>

LOL that was self signed.... I just installed a Let's Encrypt and getting "Connection to storage server failed." :rolleyes:

huh I tried to add a cafile entry and it bricks Roundcube to the point where it doesn't even load.....

Oh well, something to look at later.

No, I haven't tried that as at first sight it didn't apply to my case: my IMAP connections (from different clients) perfectly works, only Roundcube is affected, and that:
Code:
# diff defaults.inc.php.bak defaults.inc.php
165c165
<      'verify_peer'  => true,
---
>      'verify_peer'  => false,
is all that makes the difference between having/not-having the issue (but I don't go as far as saying this is the solution...)

P.S. Please also consider that @Mark Muyskens was able to replicate the issue and also the diagnostic (TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14094418) clearly points to a TLS handshaking issue (Roundcube doesn't recognizing the new LE cert...)

Back