• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail: Unrecoverable encoding

C

CiViX

Hi!

Lately the webmail has started displaying senders and subjects with Norwegian or other special characters in them as <Unrecoverable encoding>.

It doesn't matter which language I choose. The strange thing is that this doesn't happen all the time. In my inbox I can have some mails with <Unrecoverable encoding>, and some where it displays these special characters just fine.

According to a customer the same also happens if you have a contact with special characters in the name in the address book. When you add this contact as a recipient, the eords containing special characters are replaced with <Unrecoverable encoding>.

Any idea how to fix?

I think it´s got something to do with UTF-8 encoding set in the httpd.conf of the server that is used for accassing webmail.

I am experiencing the same problem - any more specific ideas on this?

Thanks!

Same Problem here using german umlauts.

There seems to be a problem with charsets. Mails sent by Plesk (Domain creation notice, notice about problem domains) are sent with strange characters instead of german umlauts. Trouble tickets sent by users do also contain those strange characters.

Back