• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail

D

drfix

Ok. I have webmail but it only shows the inbox. There is no outbox sent etc... I can compose messages but once sent I have no idea, obviously, of what when who or where it was sent.

I am not sure if I am right, but I can suppose, that MailEnable Standard supports only POP3. And as we know there is no such things as mailbox folders on POP3 server. There is only Inbox.

You can upgrade MailEnable Standard to Mailenable Professional, which does suuport IMAP, but I am not sure, that webmail will show you IMAP's folders.

That would explain that but it leaves me wondering whats the point in only having "half" a webmail client?

It is a full webmail client, Plesk 6.5 is bundled with the Free version of Mailenable. To have the full features of webmail you would need the mail server to support the features.

For those who are interested. I have taken the IMAP4 beta from Mail Enable's website and installed it into a standard Plesk Mail Enable install.

Even though Mail Enable say it will only work with the Pro Edition, it seems to be working with Standard.

Horde on Windows has some of the IMAP stuff compiled out, but we have used mail2web.com to test we can see the folders. We will now see if we can do a recompile of Horde and get the folders working.

We use a customized version of Uebimiau on our servers. Any stand alone webmail client should work since most of them are just web based pop3 clients.

Back