• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmin and plesk

B

bjken3

Has anyone installed webmin on a server that runs Plesk as well ?

Just looking at ways to help improve the way I manage some of my other services.

Cheers

Hy bjken3,

we're running webmin on all of our plesk-servers in simultan mode, no problems detected and the best:

Many many features that plesk will never have available at our machines.

we run webmin too on all our server. We have always the latest webmin version.

There are 2 points to consider:

1) NEVER EVER change anything in the httpd setup trough webmin. This will mess up plesk

2) Only use the webmin qmail to view the queue or set smtp routes when a domein moved to another server. Dont mess with the virtual users.

In short: NEVER use webmin to change the config of something that plesk handles.

regards
Jan

What settings do you use in wemin to see the mailboxes?
I'm trying for serveral hours now, but don't find the right settings (paths) to see the user-Mailboxes in webmin.

I'd like to see them, to watch which mailbox is nearly full. Because Plesk doesn't send a warning to the server-admin - just to the mailbox, if its nearly full.

Thanks for any help :)
Yours
Flat-Jack

Stop trying, you can not see the mailboxes in webmin.
The default qmail module of webmin can only handle mailboxes that are owned my the user and in the users homedir.
The virtualmin module can also handle qmail with vpopmail, but nothing in webmin can handle the "very special" way swsoft has setup qmail virtual domains.

Jan

Back