• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Webp Support

Do you want support for webp?

• Yes!

• What is Webp?

• Ofcourse not!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its only supported for GD? What is with ImageMagick? "WEBP" is not listed in "ImageMagick supported formats" by phpinfo().

Last edited:
Module ImageMagick is being updated by Plesk, is a own custom installation not a problem? I would prefer an official article here. Unfortunately, a pure GD support does not bring me any added value at the moment, because we do not use GD.

Module ImageMagick is being updated by Plesk, is a own custom installation not a problem? I would prefer an official article here. Unfortunately, a pure GD support does not bring me any added value at the moment, because we do not use GD.
I have compiled it for CentOS 7.8 without any problems. Now I see:

Screenshot 2020-05-18 at 14.09.49.png

You can use my build if you have CentOS7.8: ImageMagick-6.9.10.68-3.el7.x86_64.rpm.zip

Thank you very much, my question was rather, what happens with the next update? If I compile it myself now, will it still update the module from Plesk? In Obsidian Update 27 Plesk have updated ImageMagick in this progress (and mariadb and apache).

You can disable updates from CentOS repository, at least:

# yum-config-manager --save --setopt=updates.exclude=ImageMagick*;

@Azurel As you can see, I rebuilt the package from the OS vendor and it was in their Imagick package that there was no support for WebP. That is, if the OS vendor provides this support in its package, then Plesk automatically provides it to you without any additional actions on our part. Therefore, you need to address your request to the vendor of the operating system, and not to us.

Hi guys, when is webp support coming in the releases? I do not have full root access to my servers, so it would be nice if you guys could add a component so we can add webp support to our plesk server.
this is a vital thing needed for web optimisation. I can list atleast 10 major wordpress plugins that use this feature. ;)

Back