• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Webp Support

Do you want support for webp?

• Yes!

• What is Webp?

• Ofcourse not!

Results are only viewable after voting.

jorrit

New Pleskian
Hi guys, when is webp support coming in the releases? I do not have full root access to my servers, so it would be nice if you guys could add a component so we can add webp support to our plesk server.

@IgorG any Update for WEBP supported for PHP?
I should not be this hard to add.
This is planned, but so far has a low priority. Team resources are now being used for higher priority tasks. Be patient, please.

This is planned, but so far has a low priority. Team resources are now being used for higher priority tasks. Be patient, please.

this is a vital thing needed for web optimisation. I can list atleast 10 major wordpress plugins that use this feature.

Hi Guys, do we have an update when Webp will be supported by Plesk? We have a number of sites that are getting a bad time from Google and it seems that this is the issue.

Thanks

Spoke too soon on 7.4. Yesterday it was working fine but today it has reverted, I think, to the Plesk version on an update overnight maybe?

Ran the following command at the end of the process to prevent my custom GD being overwritten:

Code:
rpm -e --justdb plesk-php74-gd

However that did not seem to do it - any ideas on how I can check the correct command?

Hello,

Our customers were also counting on Plesk to release WebP support by Q1/2020. It's really embarrassing to keep postponing the solution for this issue with them, especially considering that WebP is so wildly used.

I believe that not only us, but other consumers of the Plesk service need support for this extension.

Last edited:
Hello dear Pleskians and Plesk Team,

Our customers were also counting on Plesk to release WebP support by Q1/2020. It's really embarrassing to keep postponing the solution for this issue with them, especially considering that WebP is so wildly used.

I believe that not only us, but other consumers of the Plesk service need support for this extension.

Please, do prioritize this feature!

Best regards,
But why you don't follow this instruction? Instruction - How to compile PHP gd.so module with WebP support

@sebgonzes,
We will not use GD recompilation as an option as it is risky for PHP's structure as a whole, we already use Plesk just so we don't have to worry about these incidents. We will await the official availability of the extension in the next releases of Plesk Obsidian.

@sebgonzes,
We will not use GD recompilation as an option as it is risky for PHP's structure as a whole, we already use Plesk just so we don't have to worry about these incidents. We will await the official availability of the extension in the next releases of Plesk Obsidian.
Ok, I am not seeing the risk but I can understand that you don't want to do it, in any case this is an easy and functionally way to do it, just have to follow steps.

@sebgonzes,
Next release is out but no webp support yet

Back