• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Website could not be reached ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

bruno97

New Pleskian
Hello,

after a fatal server crash I have restored all our wordpress websits from backups and everything seems to work fine. But when I start to work on one page to recreat the content that has changed sins the backup was made, the site is constantly crashing and showing "Website could not be reached" with the error connection time out. After 10-15minutes the webiste is reachable again. The same apperars to all wordpress webits that are managed via our plesk even if I am not working on them. So it must be a problem with plesk istself?

I also checkt the plesk hardware utilization but that shouldent be the issue. It shows a maximum of 30% for the CPU and about 15% RAM so the server should have enough resurces. I found one thread with an similar issue but that didn't worked for me.

Please help

Hi, did you ever find a solution to this issue? having the same problem with a wordpress website. A simply page update is freezing every website on my plesk VPS for 10-15 minutes.

When it is unreachable for approx. 10 minutes, most likely Fail2Ban has kicked in and blocked your local IP address. This happens when websites generate client access denied errors, e.g. because some resources of a page are password protected and a client tries to access them anyway. You can check /var/log/fail2ban.log if your local IP address was banned, or you can check Tools & Settings > Security > Fail2ban for the same information.

Back