• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Website just redirects to the IP default

T

thedust2010

I have about 50 sites set up on my Plesk box. I recently set up a new domain, configured the domain's DNS records to point to my server, but when you call upon the domain it just brings up the default website for the IP address that it is on. The website doesn't come up at all! Here is how the DNS is configured on my Plesk box (default):

mydomainnamehere.com. NS ns1.mydomainnamehere.us.
mydomainnamehere.com. NS ns2.mydomainnamehere.us.
mydomainnamehere.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx..235
mail.mydomainnamehere.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx..235
webmail.mydomainnamehere.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx..235
ns1.mydomainnamehere.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx..234
ns2.mydomainnamehere.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx..235
ftp.mydomainnamehere.com. CNAME mydomainnamehere.com.
lists.mydomainnamehere.com. CNAME mydomainnamehere.com.
www.mydomainnamehere.com. CNAME mydomainnamehere.com.
mydomainnamehere.com. MX (10) mail.mydomainnamehere.com.
xxx.xxx.xxx..235 / 24 PTR mydomainnamehere.com.

Any idea what might be wrong here? This is really strange. Never had this problem before...

Occasionally, apache wants to be a .... Plesk, by default, reloads apache every 300 seconds. Or is it 900? Ahh, anyway. The problem you're having directly relates to apache not having the new configuration loaded yet. You can forcably reload this information by issuing a "service apache reload", by going to the Admin Control Panel -> Server -> Services -> Apache (Reload), or by merely waiting 5-15 minutes for the system to do this automatically. In this case, as it's been more than a day, your site should be active by now.

And so the site IS working now. Brilliant. Thanks for the info!

Back