• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Website migration check script/tool.

kevinjansen1

New Pleskian
Dear forum users,

I am planning to migrate our Directadmin Servers (around 800 domains) to Plesk. I have checked the plesk migration tool, and it can transfer Directadmin to Plesk, the issue i am running against is that in 90% of all cases the databases gets transfered, but in some cases they dont. (not a error, nothing. Plesk reports it as done succesfully.

I have a list (database export) so i can check what databases are missing and am planning to add them manually.

But now i am looking for a script that checks a website before the transfer, and then checks it again after the migration. I am then going to compate the results if its the same.
This can be done by doing a curl get request before and after, and a diff command over the 2 files, but this results mostly in always some minor changes, what makes it hard to check fast if its failing or if the change is like a build in calander or time/date that is someone using on there page.

I am thinking about. Generate thumbnail/screenshot 2 times (1 before and 1 after the migration) and watching the 2 screenshots if the website mostly looks the same.
Do u got any tips, free scripts or advice how you did such migrations?

Kind regards,

Kevin

Few steps closer:

1. Database issues seems to be fixed. You need to have mysqlconf=/usr/local/directadmin/conf/mysql.conf inside in /usr/local/directadmin/conf/directadmin.conf while DA does not create this anymore by default.

2. You can check/make website screenshot with phantomJs,

Now i am with the following, there are 4 php installs on Directadmin (5.6/7.2/7.3/7.4) but plesk seems to always use php 7.3 if a client uses 5.6 or 7.2.
All versions are installed in plesk but plesk marks them as (outdated) maybe thats why it takes the first one thats not outdated?

I have no experience using DA. However, I do believe that Plesk (AFAIK) uses the PHP version selected/set in the service plan. I don't know how Plesk manages services plans when migrating from DA. But it might be worth checking out your service plans and perhaps change the PHP version according to your needs?

Actually, thinking about this, what you could do is create a list for each of the outdated PHP versions containing the domains using them. Then create a script that you run after the migration on the Plesk server which loops trough the domains and assigns an add-on plan to each of those domains with the appropriate PHP version. Using the Plesk CLI.

So you'll first have to create add-on Plans in Plesk for each of the older PHP versions.

Script would be something like (not tested this myself)
Code:
#!/bin/bash

array=(example.com mydomain.de hellworld.at)

for var in "${array[@]}"
do
  echo "${var}"
  plesk bin subscription --add-subscription ${var} -service-plan addon-plan-php5.6
done
I am sure there are other solutions, but this what popped in my head :)

Back