• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Website not reachable / Connection failed

enzoit94

New Pleskian
Hi everyone, I hope to find support in this forum.

I state that, before registering and opening this ticket, I spent about 12 hours of online research looking for a problem equal to mine.

As you can imagine, I could not find it and my frustration reached very high levels.

After updating the Plesk license via SSH, my domains stopped working.

Specifically, the browser error "the website cannot be reached" is displayed.

I followed this procedure but it was unsuccessful:

To be sure, after applying steps 3, 4 and 5 of the procedure, the error changed to "the website took too long to respond".

I also tried to disable the Plesk firewall system, doing so the error turns into: connection failed.

You can try my domains:
- gildoprofilati.com
- bandelliline.com
- gildotrim.com

I have checked my domains several times and they all point correctly to server 37.187.91.222.

I also tried to do a test: I added a new domain on Plesk, then I changed the domain's a records and entered the server IP (37.187.91.222). Subsequently, I installed WordPress, I also received the installation successful email. But the problem is the same for this domain too: connection failed.

Please, I need help, I think I'll go crazy.

PS: now I have reactivated the firewall and I have removed the rule to deny access to the IP range 66.249.64.0/19.

PPS: I'm not a programmer, I'm not a Plesk expert (I've always worked with cPanel), I don't know where to turn my head anymore.

Thanks everyone and forgive me for my bad English.

I add some information that could be useful ...

Until a few weeks ago, my client's websites were working fine. The customer did not remember to renew the Plesk license, so it was canceled after it expired.

The website's SSL certificates have expired, so the customer asked me to fix the "website is not secure" problem.

First, I purchased a new Plesk license on the provider's website.

Subsequently, through SSH access with the root account I updated the Plesk license (I did not have the possibility to access the Plesk panel as the license had expired).

Once the license was updated, I logged into the Plesk panel to update the SSL certificates, but here's the surprise: the domains are no longer reachable.

You already know the rest of the story ...

NB: I have tried to access the domains from different devices and IP addresses, but none of these work. I checked the server IP address blacklist but none of my IP addresses are present.

Linux console:
# service apache2 restart
# service nginx restart
Right now I am treating you as if you were an angel descended from heaven.

I never imagined that a simple restart of Apache and Nginx would be enough. On the other hand, I have no competence to arrive at this conclusion.

By restarting these two services, everything started working again.

Thank you so much!

Back