• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Website not updating after changes in code

patolucatis

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian 18.0.53
Hello, I'm someone completely new to Plesk, but work is requiring me to update and make some fixes to a website they host inside a Plesk server (they have a subscription bought for the domain and everything). Making the changes themselves is easy due to the code editor inside Plesk itself, which I'm accessing from web browser using my Windows machine (in case that helps coming up with an answer), but after making the first few, small changes, and reloading the page to see if they worked, I see no change at all.
Maybe I'm just stupid, but, is there anything else I need to do? Any way to refresh the server for the changes I've done, some configuration I have to set, or anything? I've been searching around, reading the Getting Started docs, but I've found no answer, so that's why I ask here, in case you guys can help me locate what is going on and fix it. Thanks in advance!

When you re-open the file where you did the changes, are the changes still in the file?

When you use Nginx caching, it is thinkable that at least on static pages, the cache delivers a previous version. You can clear the cache by the "Clear cache" button on the Apache & Nginx configuration page of the domain. (Hosting & DNS > Apache & nginx).

1696508245047.png

It does sound like a caching issue tho. Browser caching perhaps? Any type of caching on your website (page caching, object caching) ect?

Not browser issue, cause I've tried opening the website with Edge and Chrome, even incognito mode, and it still doesn't show the update. How can I check other cachings?

Those would all be managed from within your website. Via plugins or modules for example. But it really depends on your website and the CMS (or framework) you are using. You'll have to research that yourself.

Another thing that popped into my mind which might be wise to check is if the DNS is pointing the right server? I.e: are you sure the files you are editing are actually on the server that is hosting the website? (Happend to me once, took me couple of frustrating hours the find out).

I checked the DNS, all seems fine, and I don't know what to check, as like I said, I'm completely new in all this, I'm working on an already existing website. Any tips for moving forward, at least?

As I said yesterday, feel free to ask anything you need and I'll deliver, I know the issue is going to be something stupid in the end I can't see because of my lack of knowledge.

Tried updating the GitHub instead of the code directly, is it safe now to try deploying the website again? Asking before I do a major mess.

Clear nginx cache
Clear cloudflare cashe
Pause cloudflare
Try clear browser cache
Try load from incognito browser
Try from phone browser.

...Found the issues. It was all website related, due to the previous guy making some lazy things that gave issues in the website. Thanks all.

Hi All,

We also have the same issue, Changes to the code is not reflecting in website. Can someone how did the issue got resolved.

Back