• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Website Preview DNS Error

LordKurgan

New Pleskian
Hello,

When I enable Website Preview using the "Quick Preview on a domain name in Plesk" I get the following when I click ok "Error: Incorrect DNS record values were specified."

I have and everything seems right. Yet I do get an error when I try to apply the default template to a domain. "Error: Incorrect DNS record values were specified." I can't seem to find a Incorrect DNS record is there someplace I can look to find it?

I'm thinking it could be something to due with IP6? I'm really not using IP6, I do have an ip6 address attached to eth0. I've tried turning off ip6 using:
/etc/sysconfig/network
NETWORKING_IPV6 = no

Then restarting networking using:
service network restart
I can see no IP6 is connected anymore. I've deleted the ip6 dns records from the template. Yet I still see the IP6 in the IP address list. Rereading IP address also doesn't help. It takes me back to the Plesk main page and says "Error: Incorrect DNS record values were specified." It won't let me delete it as well. I get the error "because it is the last ip address present on a network interface."

Last edited:
I've checked all my dns settings. When you enable website preview using a domain what does it add to DNS? Whatever it's trying to add that seems to be the issue.

Back