• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Website resolving to wrong directory

T

TomSan

I have a domain (ntillo.com) with a non-shared IP address. I can ftp to my site and uploaded all the files no problem to vhosts/ntillo.com/httpdocs/. The files all show up in remote desktop connection and in the plesk control panel so i *know* everything is OK with that process.

The IP address for ntillo.com is (88.208.200.133) and the DNS according to plesk is (88.208.200.133 / 24). (I think the "/24" is for subdomains - but am new to this).

When i go to www.ntillo.com it gives a default plesk page that says "Web Server's Default Page" bla bla bla. I have figured out that the directory this page is located in is vhosts/default/htdocs - which is not where i want the domain resolving to. It should be vhosts/ntillo.com/httpdocs - million dollar question: how do I change this?

Would greatly appreciate any help - i'm trying to do this myself and am anxious to get the site/dedicated server up and running. Please keep any techno-babble as simple as possible for the newbie here,

Kindest regards,

Tom.

PS. Server IP is 88.208.201.33 - if that matters?

Try to reconfigure vhost with

"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=ntillo.com"

Try to reconfigure vhost with

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

Exactly how do I do what you suggest? Sorry if that's a really dumb question :-s

Thanks again,

Tom.

Start -> Run -> cmd
and run following command in Windows command line interface.

Start -> Run -> cmd
and run following command in Windows command line interface.

Thanks,

Have done this - the attached image shows the error message i get. The D:\ drive is where all the plesk files and folders were installed to by default hence why i changed this in the image. Is there another way to do this or a way to fix this?

Must say i'm very impressed with this customer service and will be recommending plesk :)

Kind rgrds,

Tom.

Attachments

• cmd error message.jpg
    cmd error message.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 10
Use command with "" symbols:

Thanks for your support.

Error message changed...i'm so confused - attached image shows the message as well as the d:\ and c:\ drivers, looks like d:\ is where the websites are and c:\ is where plesk is installed. This was all done by the server provider. As the image shows, i tried with quotes to both the c: and d: drives.

What now...? :-(

Thanks,

Tom.

Attachments

• cmd error message 2.jpg
    cmd error message 2.jpg
    198.1 KB · Views: 10

Thanks for your support.

Error message changed...i'm so confused - attached image shows the message as well as the d:\ and c:\ drivers, looks like d:\ is where the websites are and c:\ is where plesk is installed. This was all done by the server provider. As the image shows, i tried with quotes to both the c: and d: drives.

What now...? :-(

Thanks,

Tom.

Also, server is 64 bit - does that matter? Reading through the forums I can there are some compatibility issues with certain features (like site preview) but surely that won't be affecting ntillo.com resolving the wrong directory?

For the sake of completion and anyone landing here from google, i managed to fix my problem by following these steps *proud face*

Steps taken to resolve issue: (website resolving to the wrong directory)

1. Log in via remote desktop connection to server. Close absolutely everything in the tray.
2. Open in IIS manager (control panel --> administrative tools --> IIS manager)
3. Navigate to the site in the left hand window
4. Noticed it had a little stop sign next to the internet earth logo, clicked start and got an error message about w3svc not being started.
5. Start --> Run --> cmd --> type without quotes net start w3svc
6. Close cmd window
7. Go back to IIS manager --> click start
8. Ta-da site now works, seems to be working on restart too.

Back