• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Website suddenly redirects

JordyB

New Pleskian
This is my first message here, so hello!

I have some problems in reaching a domain name within Plesk. The situation is as follows.

From a customer I have been asked to transfer a website to my Plesk VPS (CentOS 7, NGINX). This customer uses the CMS Silverstripe. In order to start the migration, I first added the domain name within Plesk under an existing subscription. However, this was the wrong subscription, namely that of another customer. Stupid, but can happen. I therefore removed the domain name under this subscription.

Then I created the domain name under the right subscription. I then uploaded all files via FTP and imported the database within phpMyadmin. This was actually fine. Then I changed my host file so that if I go to the domain name dekapperszaakvan.nl, I will end up on my VPS 149.210.169.196.

After I had done this I visited the website. As usual, I get an SSL error because there is no valid SSL certificate installed yet. If I then click on continue I come to the website (webprepare.nl) that I use as the main domain. This appears to be a 302 redirect.

I have no idea how I can solve this problem. To exclude some things I have already tried to remove the .htaccess file, to place an index.html file, but everything ends in a 302 redirect to webprepare.nl.

Does anyone have a suggestion to remedy this problem?

Back