• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Websites destroyed after nightly Update

Squeeze999

Basic Pleskian
After the Panel update last night none of our customers websites looks like before. No images, no stylesheet is working.
I noticed this on three Plesk Panel Servers

Please help! It is urgent

Any details, results of troubleshooting?
Sorry, but "It doesn't work! Please help urgently!" is not enough for problem investigation.

Hi Igor,

sorry for my Panic...
On all the PHP driven sites images and css styles are missing. Restarting the Server did not help. Panel access is possible.
But I meanwhile found a workaround: I have to switch php execution from Apache module to fastCGI and back. After that, the site is displayed again.
I will have to do this on around 50 sites.

Was there any change in PHP with the last update?

Hi Igor,

it seems, as if it is no php issue. Pure HTML sites are affected, too. Pure HTML sites deliver a 404.
There has to be a change in hosting settings to reactivate the correct display of the sites.

You see the behaviour on www.trauerredner-remstal.de
It is a TYPO3-site, that is still in the state after the update last night.

Tell me, when you die see it, I'd like to apply my Workaround

Last edited:
Yes I see the issue. Actually, logs of webserver should be investigated - why part of content doesn't handled.

a

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all has solved the problem for me.

additionally ssl certs did not work before. You can also fix the problem host by host when changing a value in the hostingsettings, save it and than switch bag

@IgorG: Logs look clean, except the certificate warning. Do you need any? Please let me know

@RedEnzian: thanks for the abbreviation :). I already found the long way workaround with the hosting settings, but with > 50 domains on a Server, you likely loose the overview...

I had the same problem this night!

It seems that this was due to a nginx misconfiguration.
I solved the problem editing nginx settings for each domain under the "hosting settings" tab.

But I would understand why this happened with the Plesk upgrade 12.0.18#14...

Edit : I've 2 main plesk servers that have been upgraded this night. The server that was crashed has PHP 5.4.4 from atomic repo, while the other did not (and has not crashed).
Should I disable it from /etc/yum.repos.d/atomic.repo to prevent upgrade problem?

Last edited:
Same

Hi, I had the same problem. I've solved what MarceauC commented. I have php 5.3.3 and Plesk 12.0.18 # 14.
I had to change a site by site to "default certificate" in "hosting config" I just hope it does not affect the security of the site.

regards,

We have got the same problem too. All our styles and css is no longer showing. Please advise of what we need to do.

There are two possible workarounds:

a: Change any setting in the Hosting Settings, save it and turn it back. I did it with a switch from P>HP as Apache Module to FastCGI and back.
b: As RedEnzian wrote above: run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all on your machine. It should work, too

Addendum: Workaround b does not solve the problem. You have to to do Workaround a for every Domain and subdomain with a website.

@Parallels: please try to find a solution, as it is not really amusing, to manually correct that issue. And, as you may have noticed, I am not the only customer suffering from that Problem.

Last edited:
Same problem here!

For me /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all worked. Thanks.

Last edited:
Problem was reported as RT #1957376 and under developers investigation now. Thank you for information.

Same problem after last update. All my websites are crashed! ;(
/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all This helping me.

Last edited:
Bug created (PPPM-1930 for your reference) We will publish new microupdate immediately when fix will be ready.

A report of "502 Bad Gateway" is not really a good way of investigating eoors/issues/problems, because the cause can vary from PHP issues, over nginx failures, to php5-fpm problems, to firewall problems.... please be so kind to provide some logs when reporting, so that people willing to help may suggest possible work-arounds or solutions.

Yes, there was an update on the 13.11. - but on servers which I administrate ( Ubuntu /Debian ), there was no issue at all after the MU - update.

Back