• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webspace dropdown menu not alphabetical

Chris Buckley

Basic Pleskian
Hi Guys,

Been a Plesk user since 8.6, and have to admit the new interface in 10.x and 11.x is taking some getting used to.

First gripe is why is the dropdown list of Webspaces not in any order? I have lots of different webspaces for different customers, and its just in one unorganized list.

Can we change this?

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reporting this problem to us. In most cases we saw only few items in dropdown so it wasn't an issue. How many items do you have?

Regards

Hi Sergey,

We have over 100 different customers, each of which has been created within a webspace. So as you can imagine the list becomes quite meaningless, and we have to always view the webspaces page in full.

Chris.

For web design companies like ourselves who host many websites all for unique customers, wouldn't this be a common issue?

Well, if you used "Customers", you would always have just 1-2 webspaces in the dropdown. But if I get it right, you don't really need your customers accessing CP, so "Customers" aren't used. Is that correct?

If you had "Customer" registered in CP and thus list of webspaces for each particular Customer was very short - would it be a solution for you? Or quick navigation between all sites would be important?

Is there a fix/option for this?

I am moving my sites to a new host and now using Plesk 11.5.30.

I have moved 29 sites so far and have probably the same again to transfer, and the dropdown list is an illogical order. It is not alphabetical or in "added order" (last webpace added at the top or bottom).

I know I can click on the Webspaces link and navigate to the correct page, but when doing lots of changes/checks to various webspaces, it is easier/quicker to use the dropdown lists.

I see a comment from a Parallels Expert questioning the need for an ordered list, and sorry but that sounds like buying a car asking about the poor steering and the salesman saying "we have only driven forward and if you want to go left or right we suggest you lift the car and turn it". Couldn't there be an option somewhere?

Thanks

Andy

Last edited:
Have to say this is still an issue for me today. Surely this is the easiest fix in the world? Can't you just make it alphabetical Parallels?

SELECT *data* FROM TABLE *joins* WHERE *whereclause* ORDER BY *orderclause* ASC

There you go!

I've just upgraded to 12.0.18 and thought they must have fixed the list so it sorted A-Z, but no, it's still in some random order which is very annoying as we've got 80+ webspaces to scroll through to find the one we're looking for.

Back