1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

websrvmng.exe problems

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by matcraft, Jan 7, 2005.

1. matcraft

matcraft Guest

hello,

i have a fresh install of windows 2003 server (web edition) and a fresh new install of plesk 6.5.2 but it doesn't work. installation and administration login work like a charm, no problems there. but after the login a message box appears which tells me something like: "COM error: websrvmng.exe --reconfigure ip-adresslists (the system cannot find the specified file) ...etc". then the 1st setup page is visible but whatever i do, plesk tells me that "a values hasn't been set or is improper".

i even tried to install all hotfixes and service packs for plesk - no luck either. then i checked out the environment paths - look fine. trying to start websrvmng.exe manually on the command line gives me the same error message ("the system cannot find the specified file").

i appreciate any help!

thanks in advance,
    mat

2. matcraft

matcraft Guest

problem solved.

the reason was a wrong configuration of the iis (wrong root path).