• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webstats on subdomains and domain aliases.

M

Mydal

Hi All,

I have an issue with a client where plesks stats indicate 6135Mb bandwidth for the month. When the client views their webalizer stats it has only calculated 266Mb of bandwidth.

Now they have a number of subdomains and domain aliases. Plesk 9.3 lists the following where you are supposed to be able to select a stats package on a subdomain:

"(Parallels Plesk Panel supports only commercial web statistics software for subdomain statistics calculation. No such software is currently installed in the system.)"

I am assuming that from the above that I have no way of justifying the plesk bandwidth calculation against webstats for a client with subdomains and domain aliases? Essentially we have to just trust that the plesk stats is accurate?

This concerns me as how are we to identify if someone is just hitting a single file over and over again on a subdomain thus running the clients bandwidth usage "sky high" but not showing any information that would allow us or the client to resolve the issue.

Older versions of plesk I believe used to allow and calculate stats on sub-domains, why was this feature removed?

Also what stats packages are available that DO allow stats calculations for these matters?

Regards
Michael

Back