• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webusers on subdomains?

B

BlazeMiskulin

I was excited when I discovered that Plesk has a simple way to set up webusers. This is exactly the solution I need to solve a small problem.

However, it appears that webusers can't be set up for subdomains. Is this correct?

As a personal user, I've given a subdomain to some friends to use for their own small sites. It's important to me to keep them separate from my regular domain.

As a webhost, I can see a number of situations in which some of my clients could take advantage of webusers in a subdomain (e.g. members.domain.com/~username).

Is there a way to enable webusers on subdomains?

It's only possible if you create the subdomain as if it is a full new domain within Plesk.

Ah!

Perfect.

I had play around with the settings a bit, but it's now doing exactly what I wanted.

I had never considered that I could set up subdomains as full domains, but it's so obvious once it was pointed out. :)

Thanks.

Back