1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Webusers on subdomains?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by BlazeMiskulin, May 15, 2005.

1. BlazeMiskulin

BlazeMiskulin Guest

I was excited when I discovered that Plesk has a simple way to set up webusers. This is exactly the solution I need to solve a small problem.

However, it appears that webusers can't be set up for subdomains. Is this correct?

As a personal user, I've given a subdomain to some friends to use for their own small sites. It's important to me to keep them separate from my regular domain.

As a webhost, I can see a number of situations in which some of my clients could take advantage of webusers in a subdomain (e.g. members.domain.com/~username).

Is there a way to enable webusers on subdomains?

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

It's only possible if you create the subdomain as if it is a full new domain within Plesk.

3. BlazeMiskulin

BlazeMiskulin Guest

Ah!

Perfect.

I had play around with the settings a bit, but it's now doing exactly what I wanted.

I had never considered that I could set up subdomains as full domains, but it's so obvious once it was pointed out. :)

Thanks.